Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Saturday, August 20, 2011

The "Duh" in "Team"

When I was in high school, I didn't play sports.  Shocker, eh?  I did attend the games to support my friends, and when speaking of our team with others, I would say things like, "We're doing so well this year, I think we'll make it to the state finals."  This was normal because it was my class in my school. 

A massive pet peeve of mine is when adults speak the same way about professional sports teams.  It makes them sound ridiculous.  They don't even live in the same state as their team yet talk as if they're a member of the organization.  They'll exclaim, "We made the playoffs!" 

No, they made the playoffs.  You made nacho dip and are sitting on the couch stratching your beer gut, so stop deluding yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment